What are the Applications of DISC?
Because the principles of DISC are simple, easy to apply, and easy to understand, there are a number of applications for this behavioral tool. At the most basic level, DISC personality reports can be used for personal development, to better understand yourself, your motivations, and why you repeatedly do the things you do. Once one can understand themselves, as well as the tendencies and communication styles of others, increased communication and understanding between individuals ensues. This can be applied to conflict resolution, team building, and increasing communication in personal or corporate culture. When applied to specific areas, such as hiring, leadership development, stress management, sales training, education or ministry, DISC styles and tools can be applied in very specific ways to achieve a goal.
Applications of DISC include, but are not limited to:
- Improving communication in both personal and corporate environments
- Talent Management
- Hiring the right person for the job.
- Placing employees and/or volunteers where they will be most productive and content
- Avoiding and resolving conflict
- Building strong and cohesive teams
- Managing stress
- Training managers and leaders in communication techniques, organizing and working with people, and increasing productivity
- Training sales people in styles of selling and meeting the needs of the client
- Motivating staff and improving morale
- Increasing understanding in combination with counseling techniques
- Improving student performance
These DISC applications apply to:
- Consultants, Coaches, & Trainers
- Business & Human Resources
- Medical Practices
- Ministry & Faith-Based organizations
- Personal Growth
For more information learn more about what DISC can do for you.