The D Personality Style
Dominant, Driven, Decisive, Direct
||Value to Team
|High ego strength
||Places high value on time
||Challenges the status quo
||Attempts too much at once
|Greatest Fear: Being taken advantage of
What is the D personality style?
People with a high D personality type like to be in positions of authority or do things on their terms. These people tend to be risk-takers and self-starters, as well as extraordinarily goal-oriented and competitive. Furthermore, D style personalities are excellent problem-solvers, big-picture thinkers and tend to respond well to logic, reason, and information (but not emotion). The D-style has high ego strength, which could be perceived positively as confidence or negatively as pride.
The Dominant personality style has an innate fear they will be taken advantage of by someone, especially by someone they trust. As a result, they tend to strive for positions of authority to make decisions and control the environment.
- New challenges
- Meeting goals
- Power and authority to take risks, take actions, and make decisions
- Freedom from mundane tasks, repetition, and routines
- Appreciation and recognition by others
When Communicating with a D-Style Personality:
- Be brief, direct and to-the-point
- Ask “what” not “how” questions
- Ramble or repeat yourself
- Focus on details and processes, instead of goals and end results