- This leader’s guide is a part of the StudentKeys system (leader’s binders)
- Help students to identify and understand their thinking style (literal, intuitive, theoretical, and experiential)
- Great for high school or college age students to improve study habits, increase GPA, and choose career paths based on strengths.
- This guide walks you through student implementation of the Cognitive Style Assessment with scoring instructions, style descriptions and tips for practical application.
StudentKeys: Cognitive Thinking Style Workbook (Leader’s Guide)
Guide Students in Identifying Their Style & Strengths in Thought with the Leaders Guide for the StudentKeys Cognitive Thinking Style Workbook.
The Cognitive Thinking Workbook Leader’s Guide is a teaching aid designed to help tutors, counsellors, instructors, and parents work through the Cognitive Thinking Workbook with their students. The Leader’s Guide provides strategies for:
- Presenting materials from the StudentKeys Cognitive Thinking Workbook
- Explaining the differences between literal, theoretical, intuitive, and experiential thinking styles
- Taking , scoring, and interpreting the DISC Cognitive Thinking Style Report
- Showing students how to use their personal cognitive style to increase learning and retention
The Cognitive Thinking Style Workbook Leader’s Guide is an essential companion piece to the Cognitive Thinking Style Workbook. It’s a must-have for tutors, counsellors, instructors, and parents planning to teach materials in the Cognitive Thinking Style Workbook to students. Paring the Leader’s Guide with the Cognitive Thinking Style Workbook takes the guesswork out of instruction, and ensures that students will get the largest benefit possible from the material.
Although available as a stand-alone product, the Cognitive Thinking Style Leader’s Guide can also be purchased as a part of the StudentKeys Leader’s Package. This complete facilitator’s package bundles together all 6 StudentKeys workbooks with 6 leader’s guides including the Cognitive Thinking Style Leader’s Guide, The Personality Style Leader’s Guide, The Perceptual Learning Style Leader’s Guide, The Values Style Leader’s Guide, The Career Choice Leader’s Guide, and the Goal Setting Leader’s Guide. The StudentKeys Leader’s Package provides a comprehensive instructional guide for teaching students about individual learning styles and how they translate to personal, academic, and professional success.
Cognitive thinking styles are the preferences that individuals have for thinking, relating to others, and for various learning environments and experiences. According to Noah Webster, “cognitive” or “cognition” refers to the faculty of knowing; the act of acquiring an idea. The cognitive thinking workbook will help explain one of the many thinking style models in existence today.
The four cognitive thinking styles include:
- The Literal Thinker
- The Intuitive Thinker
- The Theoretical Thinker
- The Experiential Thinker
Languages Available: English (US)
This Leader’s Guide corresponds to the StudentKeys Cognitive Thinking Style Workbook.
This Leader’s Guide is included in the StudentKeys Leader’s Binder.