DISC Certification & Accreditation – Certified Behavioral Consultant (C.B.C.)
What courses do I need to take in order to become a PeopleKeys’ Certified Behavioral Consultant?
To become PeopleKeys accredited and certified, you will need to go through both Level I and Level II DISC training courses. The Level I course covers a comprehensive introduction to DISC theory, DISC styles & style blends, interactions between styles, graph analysis & special patterns, and an introduction to DISC application. The Level II courses both focus on more advanced application through a series of case studies and practical examples.
Recommended Product: Certified Behavioral Consultant (C.B.C.) package
What’s the difference between the two Level II DISC training courses, Advanced and Applied Behavioral Analysis? How do I know which one to take?
- Level II DISC Training, Advanced Behavioral Analysis, has a focus on practical DISC application as it relates to business perspectives and applications.
- Level II DISC Training, Applied Behavioral Analysis, has a more faith-based focus. Most examples in this course pertain to Christian counseling.
In what format are these courses available?
- Courses Online
- Courses in Binders
- Live courses at PeopleKeys headquarters in Ohio. These are scheduled and announced periodically. Please contact PeopleKeys to find out if there’s a live training coming soon.
What do I receive at the completion of the C.B.C. courses?
- Certificate of Completion: Level I DISC Training – Introduction to Behavioral Analysis
- Certificate of Completion: Level II DISC Training – Advanced Behavioral Analysis or Applied Behavioral Analysis
- Certification & Accreditation Document – Certified Behavioral Consultant (C.B.C.) – printable through online course or official document at request
- C.B.C. Logo for your website – at request
- 3 Continuing Education Credits through IACET – at request
- A Free PeopleKeys Account to use with your clients
- Account Management
What would PeopleKeys accreditation mean for me?
A Certified Behavioral Consultant knows more than just the basic theories of human behavior. They have advanced training in behavioral analysis that qualifies them as an accredited expert in the field, endorsed by PeopleKeys.
A Certified Behavioral Consultant is qualified to use their skills for a wide array of practical (and profitable) applications. You can add the C.B.C. credentials and logo to your website and marketing materials, showing that you’ve gone through extensive and IACET approved training. You also gain PeopleKeys as a resource as you move forward.
When you are certified in behavioral analysis, clients will seek your services in areas, such as:
- Hiring the right person for their professional & team needs
- Developing strong leadership and management staff
- Increasing productivity and efficiency in teams and individuals
- Sharpening communication skills
- Implementing team building exercises
- Increasing understanding, productivity & efficiency amongst working groups
- Recognizing problematic patterns of behavior
- Improving behavioral intelligence
- Managing stress
- Resolving conflict
- Teaching motivational techniques
- Training in areas such as sales & customer service
- Gaining greater self awareness & improving personal & professional relationships
- Introducing professional environments to DISC culture and its benefits
Why is DISC Training & Accreditation necessary?
If you were looking to hire a consultant for yourself or your business, would you choose someone who was certified or uncertified?
Think about it like this: Would you choose an uncertified financial planner to manage your money, or an uncertified contractor to build your house? Certification is the only way to show potential clients that you have the right training for the job.
Certification has four major benefits:
- Certification is a resume booster
- Certification attracts clients
- Certification increases your marketability in a competitive job market
- The bottom line: Consultants are in great demand, and their popularity continues to grow. With certification, you stand out above the competition.
Can I purchase these courses separately or is it beneficial to purchase the package?
If you choose to purchase these courses separately, you may. If you choose to do this, please make our staff aware as you move on to your second course that you’re continuing the accreditation process.
The benefit to purchasing the courses at the same time, even if you wait to take them until later, is price and convenience. When you purchase these in a package, you are set up with both courses at once, are on a track for certification & accreditation according to our records, and gain great savings through the packaged price.
How long will it take me to complete these courses?
Online courses or those in a binder are both self-paced. Each course has roughly 4-5 hours of video/audio. It could take you anywhere from 1 day to much longer depending on your chosen pace. To complete both courses for certification/accreditation, you will need to pace out 8-10 hours of audio/video, plus extra time for reading downloadable materials, reviews, and taking tests. Live courses often take between 1 and 2 days depending on the outline of events and pace.
What support will I receive from PeopleKeys once accredited?
You will be assigned to an account manager, who can help you with training, troubleshooting, customization and basic management. If it’s a technical or sales issue, your account manager will make sure you’re connected to the right person. We also have DISC experts and consultants on staff that can help you with any basic DISC questions or DISC application. We pride ourselves on providing excellent customer service and client support. If you choose to become a PeopleKeys partner, you will receive additional support in the areas of marketing and receiving discounts on PeopleKeys products.
Do I need to renew credentials once I’ve been accredited?
No. DISC certification does not expire, although we strongly encourage you to stay up to date with webinar trainings and other DISC training materials over time. Retaking the courses after many years have passed is a good idea, but not a requirement.
At one point I was DISC certified by PeopleKeys using only the DISC Level I Training, am I still certified?
Yes. The curriculum rules for certification changed as of September 2012. Anyone who took the Level 1 DISC Training prior to September 2012 still maintains DISC Certification and is grandfathered in. However, we strongly encourage completing the second level of training and receiving your C.B.C. accreditation.
If I’ve previously completed both the Level I and Level II DISC Training, can I receive the C.B.C. credentials after the fact?
Yes. Call PeopleKeys and let them know that you’ve completed Level 1 and 2 training and would like documentation for accreditation. There will be a $15 charge for the documentation to be created and sent.
How do I get started?